Wisdom tooth problems
- Wisdom tooth is the last tooth to erupt in your mouth.
- By the time the wisdom tooth comes in, most of the space in your mouth is usually taken and the wisdom tooth does not fit.
- Because of the limited space available, a wisdom tooth can grow sideways or can become trapped under the gums.
- When a wisdom tooth only partially erupts into the mouth, it can form a pouch that traps food.
- The trapped food can cause the wisdom tooth to decay and the second molar in front of the wisdom tooth can also become infected, it can cause swelling, pain, and a bad odour.
- When this happens it is very important to have a wisdom tooth extraction.